December 11, 1865
Letter sent to Pope Pius IX, requesting the Icon be restored in the Church of St. Matthew (now Church of St. Alphonsus, under the care of the Redemptorists)
January 19, 1866
Redemptorists receive Icon of Our Mother of Perpetual Help and are told by Pope Pius IX, “Make Her Known Throughout The World”
April 26, 1866
The Icon is brought in Procession from the Church of St. Mary Major in Rome and enshrined for public veneration at the Church of St. Alphonsus in Rome.
June 23, 1867
The Icon of Our Mother of Perpetual Help was solemnly crowned by the Dean of the Vatican Chapter, thus granting recognition of the long standing veneration and importance as a means of extraordinary grace for the faithful.